Monday, November 15, 2010

Mid-way through NaNoWriMo

Well, it's November 15, an infamous day for NaNoWriMos... Today marks the halfway point for writing our 50,000 word novels. I have been writing as much as I can, as I am rather behind at the moment. :-/ Well, about 9,000 words behind. Quite possible to catch up in about a week, if not less than that. I just have to get my story along far enough that I can start writing about parts that are supposed to happen later on in the story, but haven't come up yet. However, some of those parts are being written out of order, and I am getting to the "meat" of the story, so to speak. Hannah Jean has been quite helpful, in telling me what she thinks should come next in my story, to mix it up some. :-) Well, I'd better start writing on my book instead of my blog... Get that word count above 16,201 (currently), and on towards the 25,000 (supposed to be by the end of today) goal. Enjoy the great weather today, before it cools off again!

5 comments:

ajfcello said...

Good luck on your book writing!!! What's it about if you don't mind my asking? :-) Hannah Jean is great about that!!! She's got SUCH great ideas!!;-)

Hannah Marie said...

Well, it's been changing around a lot, but still the underlying theme is a young lady, 18 or 19, who is seriously injured at the beginning of the book, and her journey to becoming a professional barrel racer against all the odds that say she will never walk again. ;-)

And yes, HJ is great about those... Especially when she says "Somebody dies", and I have to make up a new character just for that reason!! Got me a few hundred words, though... :-)

Marianela said...

I like the theme for your story. :) Perhaps you can publish it on your blog when its done? I would love to read it!

Hannah Marie said...

Perhaps- after an extreme amount of editing, to cut out all the stuff that makes no sense at all, but was needed for the word count, and to make all the rest of it sound better. ;-)

Heidi W said...

Wonderful Hannah! You can do it!